Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Damask

I have a new favorite print. Don't worry polka dots, I still love you. And I always will. However, I have found a new print that seems to be popping up everywhere these days. Damask. I know, where have I been living before now, under a rock? I have seen it and always liked it but I saw it today on ColorSplash (best designing show E-V-E-R!) done on a wall and fell in love. It is the first thing I want to do when I move into a house of my own. They painted the wall a nice light dusty blue and did a damask stencil with a blue paint about 2 shades darker. HELLO! I am in love. It has the all over pattern and excitement of a wall paper and yet no taking it down wallpaper style. Just paint over it.
I have since found other things in Damask I love. It's too bad it's such a bold print. I'd love to do an entire room in nothing but that. Seriously, its become quite an addiction lately:) I love that you can do it in all kinds of contrasts by simply doing a matte paint with a glossy paint stencil, or black and white. Yum yum yum! I hope this is a print that is always in style. I think that's part of the reason I like it. I gravitate towards things I think are going to be more timeless and classic rather than too trendy and dated.

This paint job will be one of the first things I do when I get a place of my own.

Don't you just LOVE these wallpapers?!
This chair makes me want to curl up and read a book.
This little beauty belongs on my bed.

These just look so luxurious!

Love how the print stands out against plain white.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the idea of using the stencil to create pattern instead of wallpaper. I think I've just had to take down one too many wall of nasty old paper in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the whole damask pattern, it is beautiful and I am often drawn to it when out and about. My bedroom is taking on a damask personality in black and white. I know toile fabric has been popular the last few years but I was never completely converted, but damask, now that is a different story.

    Oh ya, I have noticed you have commented on my blog in the past and don't know why I haven't come by yours for a visit but I have now and I am your newest follower. Looking forward to future posts.

    Hugs to ya,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damask is one of my FAVORITE prints, too! You can never go wrong with it. But hey, if you love polka dots too just use both together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! all of those pics make make me want to redecorate. You had a candy bar at your wedding? That has got to be the coolest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments! Leave me a message so I know you stopped by and can visit your blog too.