Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

My cousin's wife passed this recipe on at my request and I tried it today. It is yummy!

Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 heaping cup peeled chopped apples
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 large egg
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

*Heat oven to 400 (350 if you have a dark muffin pan).

*Grease bottom of cups or line with paper cups.

*In large bowl beat apples, milk, oil, and egg with fork or whisk

*In a seperate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

*Stir into wet mixture just until flour is blended. Batter will be lumpy.

*Divide into muffin cups.

*Bake for 25-30min or until golden brown

*If baked in a greased pan let stand about 5 min.

*If baked in baking cups remove immediately



Crumble topping-
Mix together:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
-Cut in 2 Tbs butter and mix until crumbly. Divide among muffins before baking.



Eat and enjoy! (Makes about 15, you might have to double for your family.)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm those sound YUM. I hope things are going well in preparations for the baby!
    And I think we have the same name!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments! Leave me a message so I know you stopped by and can visit your blog too.